View Single Post
Old 04-13-21, 08:14 PM   #3037
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Seems some, are gung ho iguana's.. that don't seem to have the time or patience, to read... or pay attention to install instructions.. sadly...

blasted, young whipper snappers... don't they get any of that fancy smancy, readin' writin', rithmatic any more... *begins snoring, after falling asleep, drooling, looking like gran pa on The Simpsons*

M. M.

To be fair, a *lot* of tribal knowledge is bound up in some very old posts here in the forums, but it *does* seem that there are a bunch of nubs who post the same question in multiple postings, expecting a magical response within minutes.

The first thing I do when I see a new mod pop up is subscribe to that thread - oftentimes the answer to an issue is buried on like page 53 of a 100 page thread - and I continue reading as new posts pile up.

The second thing I do is a search here.

The third thing I do is a search in Google or duckduckgo.

99% of the time the answer shows up using one of those three resources.

The other issue I've seen is an inability to actually read and answer when someone trying to help them asks questions or makes a probing statement of inquiry.

If we're asking you a question, it's to your benefit to answer it because we're building a picture of how you've installed something, what mod order things are in, where you've installed it, etc...
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote