View Single Post
Old 12-15-20, 03:32 AM   #14
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosomaha View Post
Well. These are the closest screenshots in the game that I managed to make (with a resolution of 1920x1080):
Mighty fine job there sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Changing completely of topic I have a new question guys. If memory serves, torpedoes, bombs and guns shells make actual 3D holes on GR2 units that one can see through. Should I model some basic interiors for the upcoming unit?
You can do it (GrannyDamageDecals controller that is responsible for 3D holes has an option to assign interior mesh that will be visible through holes), though I don't recall any ship - modded or stock - using this possibility (as well as second option to set the hole shape that shells will tear in a hull - all ships have this field blank and use default holes).

On another note and related to earlier posts about sharing resources and plans - there seem to be several units currently in progress, perhaps (just a thought) we might use a sticky thread in SH5 Mods Workshop somewhat like this:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=97328

Such thread would contain list of WIP units currently being made and perhaps links to resources like plans or models available online in case a newcomer would like to give a try to creating a new unit. Plus, maybe some form of basic guide for importing units as the needed info is currently spread over many multi-page threads.

Last edited by kapuhy; 12-15-20 at 03:45 AM.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote