View Single Post
Old 06-05-13, 08:24 AM   #38
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

New update: Version 0.15
http://rapidshare.com/files/17135265...ander_0_15.zip

This one took a while, I haven't had much time to work on this project lately.

Change log:
  • Equipment has been added to the game. There are about eight different pieces of equipment currently, with many more planned - read the guide for instructions on how to equip crew. The different pieces of equipment behave roughly as they would in real life, play around and see what combinations are effective.
  • Added simple depth indicators to the periscope and maneuver control panels. This will help you determine if the conning tower is above the waterline or not, among other benefits. It also helps avoid hitting the sea floor in shallow water.
  • Crew names are now tied to the submarine's nationality - so if you pick a US sub your crew will have American names, if you pick a Chinese sub the crew will have Chinese names etc. Still got to add name files for a few nationalities but it's on the way.
  • The game speed can be changed in the gameoptions.ini file. You can pick any speed (in frames per second) you want, but about 8-12 is recommended.
  • Ships now look more 3D through the periscope.
  • Numerous changes to how crew skills work, especially with regards to gaining proficiency with a task.
  • Made a few small changes to the UI to make important information more obvious.
  • Redid a few dodgy parts of the water/pressure physics code to fix a couple of old bugs. Water will now flow more naturally, and water pressure in flooded compartments should work correctly now.
  • Fixed an amusing bug where switching on the ventilation system in a flooded compartment would turn all the vents on the sub into vacuum cleaners, rapidly sucking all of the air out of the sub (still don't know what caused that one!)
  • Fixed a bug with the day/night cycle lighting which sometimes made the sky turn green at about 8:00am.
  • Probably more small bug fixes and minor changes, I forget.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Last edited by TheGeoff; 06-05-13 at 09:32 PM.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote