View Single Post
Old 05-19-22, 01:03 PM   #4614
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
I'm getting "unknown error" and "data/shaders/volumetricfog/volumetricfogps.fx" msgs on a black screen (aside from the frozen cursor) when launching a saved game from port. Note: I don't have any actual games saved as I've never gotten out of port; this is strictly the "leaving port" autosave. I click to leave port, a couple of splash screens load, then it goes black.

This using a fresh install of SH4 U-Boats copied to SH4 directory with the latest version of FOTRS and the mods pack. The SH4 documents folder has been emptied each time before starting the game. Initially I made some minor edits to UPC files but the latest install still crashed with no edits and only the following mods activated: 301, 302, 303, 399c2, 450, and 803.
You can get similar messages when you are using a version of SH4 other than v1.5 Gold Edition, or the Uboat Missions Add-On... However, if you are Saving the game in port, and then loading that Save without having exited the game, that can do it also. Just exit the game, and try to load that Save, if it's not corrupted, that is... Let us know!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote