View Single Post
Old 11-12-21, 05:21 PM   #9
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Yea, I loved that part of his mod, tho I don't think I ever broached by setting depth deeper...if that's what you're saying. I remember once, probably like Wahoo, except later war I surfaced but sank back down due to flooding, but finally got surfaced, but with flooding I was riding way low and could only make about 10 knts full speed. I would not dare dive, did survive a few air attacks and got back to port in the Philippines ...99% damage. I can recall only doing that twice that I played.

I am thinking it is Travellers flotation settings (which I like) I have incorporated into the sim, plus I have decided to use some settings from RFB to get more realistic performance from subs...such as turn radius, acceleration etc. are the cause. Subs no longer star/stop/turn on a dime as they did, but maintain the advantages they had with diesels. Then,
just a few minutes ago I was trying to surface into heavy seas and sub surfaced to 25 ft, then started back down, had to add some speed to surface. So highly likely in the previous incident I posted about, that with damaged ballast tanks and having been a periscope depth a while for attack, the boat was light and popped up I suppose.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote