View Single Post
Old 05-21-22, 10:18 AM   #4628
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i am laughing as i type this....so the USN in FOTRSU is now encrypting orders intended for sub skippers? WTF?

it's July 1, driving a Gato out of Midway.
our boat received a conning tower upgrade when we completed our previous mission. No choice in the matter: click ok and press on.

the mission is ID145 Sink Honshu 6.
it seems to not like the date/time data.

on a related issue, just prior to this surprise, i upgraded our AA guns from twin-20's a single-40's and when i clicked on the mission map to shove off, i got a CTD. since i had not saved with the new equipment, i restarted and reloaded and re-shoved off and that is when i received the gobbley-gook in the orders.

p.s. this must have been a one-time thing because i returned to the previous mission's RTB save, retraced my steps while in port, and the mission orders look normal.
well, i got a good laugh out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArditoCorsaro View Post
The same mission that stopped my cachalot campaign in spring 1942 with the ctd upon returning in port, not reversible, i tried in many ways...probably there's some problem with this mission. Maybe. Who know.
The same mission is just a coincidence. All of the "Sink Honshu" missions in FotRSU are the same as they were in TMO v1.7 or Stock. There are some additional missions, some from copy, paste and re-name, others from new build with other objectives in them, but all of the Sink Honshu missions are basically the same as they were in the Stock game. What KaleunMarco has in the messaging is the orders that are generated upon return to base, using the Save data and the new assignment. Why the gobble-dee-gook for the date is beyond me, but my guess is the game overwrote its own data somewhere and got confused. As to the why remains to be discovered... Whether it was the upgraded conning tower? Adding new AA guns? Dunno. We've been attempting to do further "upgrade" testing here for the future, but I'll add back in the conning towers. It surprises me it gave him a new conning tower, and not a new Balao, which would be too early for that, of course, but the game does ignore those dates usually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
The issue lies with FOTRSU itself. I deleted the FOTRSU directory and the SH4 save file, then recreated it using only v1.7p3 without any other mods. I was able to start stock SH4 with no issues but launching a career in v1.7p3 caused the black screen CTD again. The laptop is otherwise functioning normally and there's nothing left I can do. I'll look up the laptop details and add them to this post later, but they're unchanged from the v1.46 era.

Any suggestions?
If the stock game works, and FotRSU does not, then suspect the set-up of your FotRSU. Number one of course, is to NOT be in a Windows Program Files folder with the game. Number two is be certain you are using v1.5 of the game with U-Boat missions. Number three is to be certain to empty the Save folder after activating FotRSU and prior to trying to run the modded game. Do not attempt to use old saves. Number four is be certain that the LAA app of your choice is properly activated on the SH4.exe file. Right-click on the SH4.exe file, and choose "Properties". On the first General tab, make certain that the "Read-only" Attribute is clear, so that an LAA can be properly set. Number five, on the newer computers and Windows OS, you also have to set the compatibility of the SH4.exe. Right-click the SH4.exe file and choose "Properties", click on the "Compatibility" tab. At a minimum, disable the OS doing any High DPI Scaling (OS dependent). System dependent, you might also have to "Run as administrator", or set the OS compatibility. Refer to

for an example on my Win10 install. Each computer / OS / game / computer settings will possibly be quite different. You'll probably have to experiment with the settings.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote