Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Hi MM:

Where is the Sobers 3D waves mod? Is it the same for SH3???

Also the tracers and torp damage mod...

Your list is very similar to mine, but I use the EAX sound mod and the TDW Damage by fire mod.

Many thanks.

Fitzcarraldo
Ahoy, fitzcarraldo...

It is the one for SH3... but, modified by Me, for personal use... took a bit of.. Igor experimenting... to it. In conjuction with the other mods, it to Me at any rate... seems to enhance the look of bow wave effect... of course... I will admit it may just be My eyes playing tricks... since I never really did much in the way of discussing it with others or others testing it.

As for the "Improved gun tracers - torp damage mod", that is a merge blend of torp damage SH4 & tracer mod... when the crew, manning flak/machine guns does fire... it works b.. e.. a.. utifully... is loverly to watch, at either early on sunrise.. before the sun begins to flood light into the sky.. & also again... at sun set, just before it gets dark as sin. NOT sure if the AI's anti air gun fire uses the tracer's instructions... but considering that the guys on board (ai themselves... ) do... would think it likely that enemy/allied ai gunners & anti air does, as well. Just haven't seen any anti air action to know for definite.

I did think on including in that mix, EAX... & TDW's mod there, but... am not sure what would be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back...

Have thought of... working on culling numbers down, by... cross editing mods in that list, with particular thoughts to like...

Sea life - SH4 Pacific
Smaller seabed rocks
Smaller seaplants-small
Sober's Better Sand v2
Sober's better rocks v2
Sober's 3D waves mod

into 1 mod set by itself... not, for release... just for My own... edification. That's just 1 area in that list... there is quite a few others, that... I have... contemplated.

That's just 1 example.

As for releasing some of My own mods... that are like those I have mentioned thus far... am still not entirely clear on the etiquette on that... & would not desire to commit a faux pas... I shall, instead, be happy to discuss or outline what Frankensteining I did, on any like them... thereby, allowing others to follow what I did... hopefully with their skills being up to the task, to do so correctly.

M. M.