View Single Post
Old 04-13-23, 03:17 PM   #1382
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

I cannot think of a mod with the lines, but the files are "ContLine.dds" and "DashLine.dds" in the Data \Menu \Gui folder. However, if you are using the game's menu choice of No Map Contacts, then that "blanks" them, though I do not know how... Look in that folder now before you do anything, and see if maybe the game makes the files empty. If they do, then you can just replace them. If they are not in the folder, same difference, just put files with the lines in there. However, if they are "turning them off" internally, then I do not know to get around that... unless - use a blank file for all of the ship and plane "shp" files, and turn map contacts back on. With the blank shp files, you'll not see the contacts, but you will have the lines... eh - rats, there are those "zoomed-in" "Unit*" files also... in the Data \Menu \Gui \Units folder... you'll have to "blank" those also.

As for the Ship Length figures, the game does not use those. CapnScurvy's Optical Targeting Correction (OTC) mod did alterations to the RecMan in the menu_1024_768.ini file, and displayed the figures. We are attempting to enable that particular aspect of OTC in FotRSU, and if Bubblehead1980 wants to, he could copy off of us to put it in TMO_BH, though the menu_1024_768.ini file is quite complex and scary to work on... In the meantime, you could try CapnScurvy's mod for TMO 2.5, and see if it will work in Bubblehead's version. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't, but you never know...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote