View Single Post
Old 06-30-09, 09:29 AM   #55
matthewlue
Swabbie

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Paper View Post
First, I'd try using a different ship instead of the Titanic. It may be that the Titanic has a problem and is causing the CTD.

Check around to make sure you have the latest version of Titanic. I know VonDos re-released several of his ships due to a bug he discovered after cloning original units as the base for creating new ships.

It's also possible that Titanic is not compatible with GWX 3.0, possibly due to diffences in the 'zon' or 'dat' files.

If that still does not fix the trouble, check for these common mistakes, most of which can be found by Validating the mission:
  • Units are placed too close together
  • No waypoints set for one or more units. Everything must have at least one waypoint!
  • One or more waypoints do not have the minimum distance of 1,000 meters (1 km). Waypoints should not be set to less than this.
  • A waypoint is too close to a unit.
  • Make sure all player subs have an entry date and time set no later than the start of the mission.
  • Be certain you have not accidentally checked "Human Controlled" for a unit other than the players' subs.
  • Likewise, be sure all player subs do not have "Delete on Last Waypoint" checked. Having a player sub disappearing during the game could cause more problems than simply upsetting the player.
You can get the "fixed" version of the SH3 Mission Editor with a Readme.txt on how to install, along with the greatly expanded manual and a Mission Editor Tips document to help you learn most of the Mission Editor's features, here... SH3 Mission Editor v2.zip

I hope this helps you out, rsslcs. Looking forward to many great missions from you in the near future!
Errr, the link to SH3 Mission Editor v2.zip seems dead....
matthewlue is offline   Reply With Quote