View Single Post
Old 12-14-19, 12:21 AM   #214
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The IJN torpedoes do not hunt, so I don't know what you heard - btw, the thing to do if you are ever dealing with WWII "hunter" torpedoes, you want to go quiet with an immediate reduction to 1 knot and Silent Running, drop your depth to the test line, and try to be "facing" it / them. "Noise" is what the torps follow. Two cylinders dropped would be the Depth Charges. They are elongated to be carry-able under the wing of the Betty. That last Betty was the "G4M Betty Divebomber". I am currently running through a Test Mission, and I have no conclusive answers just yet, other than CapnScurvy's "Day of Infamy" Betty Baka has be cleared and is innocent of any wrong-doings - but that's not to say that they are innocent... Sank my submarine on one try in each of three test missions... wowser!

There are issues with one of the Zero fighters also. When I made my Test Mission, I put the four Betty models in it, the Pete and the three zero models in. I was removing one plane at a time, and still had CTDs on the exit from the mission and game when I went back to the desktop, so I finally wised-up and now I'm running them one plane at a time, nothing else other than my sub... - some folks just have to learn the hard way... - thanks for the info though!
You will hear enemy torpedoes from different bearings on sonar. This is because they are going in a straight line from one area to another and you are moving and maybe turning. A fish from bearing 340 will run towards your 160 degrees. However depending on how far away this was dropped and how you dive and steer will affect your listening bearing. At times this can make it sound as if they are around you but you are simply listening to them pass you by. I have also noticed the sonar is fairly loud to mimic the ease of sound traveling underwater. What my ear may say is 2000 yards normally winds up being like 8000-10000 yards.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote