View Single Post
Old 03-21-20, 11:33 PM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

If you want a multiplayer experience, then this game is the last one you want to consider (btw, not sure that SH2 has ever had multiplayer, only a lot of single player missions.). If MP is what you want, go play Wolfpack.

Going by your response, I would play Silent Hunter I, it's not as complex as the other SH series, but it definitly has manual TDC you can switch on, plus simulated SJ/SD radar and attacking planes are also simulated, plus side missions to accomplish other than just sinking ships. And IMO, SH1 beats all other SH titles with its excellent AI.
SH3 is a complexity higher than SH1 where you plan your attacks on the map and interact with headquaters, but it takes places in the Atlantic and North Sea, SH4 is for the Pacific. And finally SH5 returns fully-fletched to the Atlantic and Med Sea with an interesting campaign design and best grafics.
SH2 is the 'poor boy' of the Silent Hunter series IMO, not much of interest because no campaign.

But again, Silent Depth is way too arcadish to be compared to any of the SH titles. I understand that because it's designed for iphones in the first place.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 03-22-20 at 01:00 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote