View Single Post
Old 05-05-18, 09:01 PM   #18
TiberiusoftheSea
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Icon8

Okay, I'm 99.9% sure the offending files are the two Collision_AntiSubmarineNet sound clips. I'm running a completely silent variation due to the looping bug associated with these sounds. I learnt the hard way what that bug can do to you at 03:00hrs with your Turtle Beaches on full... One minute you're patrolling your assigned grid with Rita Cadillac singing cheerfully and the next... *shudders* the nightmarish, War of the Worlds, epic laser looping screaming bug

So, the good news is I'm fairly confident that I can now play a campaign without a CTD every few minutes. The bad news is in order to do so, there is a strong possibility I could die from a heart attack at any moment... Has anyone else found a resolution to this bug? I see it mentioned all over the place but no "real" solution was ever offered.

*EDIT*

No dice Started a new campaign earlier today and played through patrol one starting in the 2nd Flotilla. Arrived at grid BF51 and began my patrol. Heavy storm present causing huge waves so decided to crash dive (70m) and test out my crush depth. Approaching 100m I scrolled towards my six dial slide out to adjust depth and the game CTD. The error..? Yup, you guessed it. Another "Sound.act". I thought I'd finally be able to play this wonderful game but alas no. I think I'm going to give up now. Tons of other games I've put on hold while I "play" Silent Hunter III so going to return to the real world sadly

Last edited by TiberiusoftheSea; 05-06-18 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Solution Failure
TiberiusoftheSea is offline   Reply With Quote