View Single Post
Old 04-06-17, 10:23 PM   #52
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Thanks, Barracuda, that must have costed you some time.

I must admit however that I hit my limits of juggling with Linux here. My general understanding of such non-routine complications under Linux simply is not profound enough. I even already have forgotten again how I once managed to mount the HD... I will try once more tomorrow to get the Steam game library accepted on the HD - and if not, it is no big deal since I cannot play my preferred titles under Linux anyway.

If I would have known before, I probably would not have even bought the second HD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
To mount a drive, simply use the Nautilus file manager, choose other locations and click on the drive of your choice. The square with up arrow will appear, showing you the drive is now mounted.

I know there's a way to have a drive auto mount on startup but I haven't bothered. It's too easy to mount manually to make me want to fix it.

FSTAB

You can find it in

/etc

use your preferred txt editor to view it.

Skybird, Post it here and I can see how things are mounting, and we can -if you want to continue- go from there.

RR's method is one I use when I'm just putting a drive in for a short time just to move some files around.
Nothing wrong with it. I like to keep things "manual" until I decide that I want them automatic.

Barracuda

P.S. now I'm off to work!
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote