View Single Post
Old 07-28-17, 04:29 AM   #21
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
Basically the issue is that there is no way to import models or rgba textures the way Unity is set up. To allow it, we would have to write our own custom mesh and texture importer.
Hi Julhelm. Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry, I didn't realize at first you are a Cold Waters Dev. While rereading the thread I noticed your avatar.

I understand what you're saying about how Unity is currently set up and that it's not possible to import 3rd party models. I'm not a modder or computer programmer so maybe what I'm gonna say is off the wall, but is there any possibility maybe sometime in the future a dev kit can be developed for purchase that would allow 3rd party modders the ability to design new 3D models and import them into the game? I apologize if what I'm asking is ridiculous or just completely off the wall. Like I said, I'm not a programmer so I have no idea what would be involved, other than a lot of hard work I'm sure. If not a Dev kit, is it possible we may see new models in the future as DLC?
Cold Waters seems to have struck a chord here, and it seems like many members of SUBSIM have purchased the game or plan to. The mod teams have already uploaded quite a few mods in a short period of time, and already players want more. (I know, we're never satisfied...) Any insight you're allowed to talk about as to the future of Cold Waters would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Tom "CC"
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote