View Single Post
Old 12-02-22, 10:50 AM   #13
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Maybe so, and as someone who did not buy the remaster I can only go from what I've read, and a couple friends who did purchase it. On release the instability was a major issue, but they patched it and maybe it no longer is?

One friend called the UI the "most amazingly unintuitive mess of a UI that was ever made worse through conscious decision".

Another friend said the agent play was intentionally made worse than it was in 2004 or whenever Rome 1 released.

The devs seemed to think that clicking over here which would bring up a window over there, which you then needed to click away to return to the UI over here. As if the devs think that moving your mouse across the screen is compelling gameplay, and it wouldn't be my first complaint with this sort of thing in the series, so maybe not exclusive to the remaster.

Whatever the actual state of the release, and whether it affected everyone, or not, I just remain unconvinced by this release and no worries there. If folks enjoy the game that's great. For me though it was the remaster we didn't need, and one which failed to offer enough compelling improvement to warrant a purchase.

Perhaps the best thing that might come out of it is similar treatment for Medieval 2. CA filed for a copyright for Medieval 3, which doesn't guarantee a game, but it's at least an indication they are looking in this direction. With that in mind a remaster is probably not in the cards, but you never know.