View Single Post
Old 12-10-21, 03:46 AM   #3628
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
[...] As some of you know, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis back in 2009-2010. Its why I get all of my health care done at the VA. I had really good luck with injecting Interferon

So, we set up an MRI scan appt. which happened yesterday and I got the call this morning: no signs of activity. I'm just waiting now for my Neuro to call back where we can map out a plan to get me off these meds.
Good to hear
Quote:
As far as I know, I'm not cured. That never really happens. What does happen with some MS patients is that the disease goes dormant or "burns itself out" once the patient gets into their mid-60's. I just turned 60 last summer so that outcome wasn't even on my RADAR yet.
It is NOW.
In the relapsing/remitting form of MS the flares can happen every few years (or more often), while the inflammation is dormant in between. As you said this alone is not a sign that it will not happen again, but this 'burnin itself out' sure is good news.
Apart from Interferon there are developments involving some Ocrelizumab/Ocrevus every 6 months. Advised are also vitamine D3 and especially propione acid against the flaring-up of MS, you get propione acid in pill form. Maybe ask your doctor. Apart from the Ocrelizumab stuff all else is relatively cheap.
Quote:
Anyway, if any of you noticed me walking three inches above the ground in the last two weeks, that was why.
Wish you all the best!

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote