View Single Post
Old 05-31-23, 07:39 PM   #42
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0
Default quick question

Had a question about Frame rates. My frame rates run about 40-160 at sea depending on weather I’m near land or not. They’re not as high near land. In port with traffic I get the 40+ and at sea I’m in the 140-160 range. On the Map, interior crew management screens up to 340+fps. I think it might be a tad more. But before my question, on this post, about high frame rates and the effects it has on the night times and day times shifting. I do understand that traveling, east-west, north–south and seasons effect the day light and night time dark periods by a few hours. No problems there.
I do spend quite a few hours in the, high frame rate “Map” screen and when I did over the course of several weeks on patrol the day/night hours shifted almost opposite. Sun rise was like 2330 and sun set was, 0930. I really don’t understand the technicals on why frame rates effect the clock and light and dark periods. So I gave it a shot and using my AMD software (ADRENALINE ) I set a max limit of 60fps. Problem solved. Everything maxes out at 60fps, including the nav map. My monitors are 60hz, so I notice no ill effects visually and there was not this time shift. Is this OK or should I bump it up a bit. Not clear what the optimum frame rate setting should be for best results. Opinions welcome. Now to my question. I have a gaming laptop with a monitor that’s a 144hz monitor. Should I set my frame rate limit to 144fps ? I’m thinking 60fps would cause negative visual issues. Or should I just leave it be and not set any frame rate limits. My video card is a NVidia on this laptop and not AMD, if this makes a difference.
Does anyone experience the “time shifting over time and make these frame rate limit adjustments ? Maybe I not understanding this “Time Shift / Frame Rate” connection and am way off base here. All Mega Mods have time shifts for me. Thanx