View Single Post
Old 03-23-20, 12:14 PM   #634
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 369
Uploads: 0
Default CTD after starting third Patrol

I'm having trouble with saves after the saving the start of third patrol. Started saving about 150nm from home port, Pearl Harbor last time. Using a porpoise class boat, date is April 8, 1942. Reach last waypoint, rubber amidships and boat is not moving. No other traffic is in the area. Saved the game as '3rd_Patrol_start', waited 20 or more seconds after first click on save, then second click on save, the screen went back to ' Resume, Load, Save, Options, Exit to Main Menu and Exit to Windows' screen. Resumed game and waited for ten minutes before exiting game. When desktop came up, check to see if LAA or SH4 property settings have changed, no changes noted.

Earlier, I had this same problem at the beginning of the third patrol so, thinking it was something in setup of the game, I check to see if any changes in the JSGME application, after removing all mods, which was one but elected to perform fresh install from a SH4 with U-Boat missions DVD disk I had brought years ago. Installed everything according to CapnScurvy post, 'Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install'.
Here is the mission orders for the third partol.

I can't figure out what I've done wrong to not get any further than the start of the thirds patrol. Any help or suggestions will be appreciation.

Thanks,
Larry

Edit: I was reading on the forum, Silent Hunter4: Wolves of the Pacific, the thread 'Window 10 Issue' and the post by Torpedobait, #5. I made the changes suggested and tried to run the game which opened up to the Control Room <F2>. It seems to work. Adding this to my 'start up notes' since the old sponge doesn't work so well anymore. THANKS Torpedobait for posting this!
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8

Last edited by Larrywb57; 03-23-20 at 04:49 PM. Reason: New information added since posting.
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote