Old 12-26-23, 08:34 AM   #2830
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Hey iambecomelife..

I can already smell the Diesel fumes... A work that goes beyond anything we know... You are remarkable... You are, as in mathematics, a "remarkable identity" continue to make me dream... it's excellent after several years spent on this project...I've been following you for a very long time practically from the beginning...I admit that when you lost your hard drive...there was a period...I no longer believe it ...Then miraculously you continued and conquered the storm.. I wish you success...As well as a happy end of year holiday...it is completely deserved...
Regards Kal Maximus U669
Wow, you are too kind; thank you for your words!

I have to say, credit goes to my mother, who got me interested in reading at a young age. I still remember being a youngster when Robert Ballard discovered the Titanic, and I was fascinated. My parents bought me books on the Titanic, and then I became fascinated with the Battle of the Atlantic, the Bismarck, and so on.

In terms of updates, I am glad to say the GW engine has been "installed" on the U-31 boat.

It has animated rocking arms and base. On Christmas I added a diesel engine room to the American S Class command room; now players can travel seamlessly from command room to the diesel compartment aft.

Getting a working engine in the interior is a huge milestone; I had been dreading it but it went well. The MAN engine of course can use a lot of the same parts; this means some of the most difficult days are behind us.

Unfortunately the rocking arms do not have multiple speed settings, but players will be able to turn off the animation while underwater.

Next steps: adding particle effects like oil, fumes, etc. and crewmember slots; there will be several men performing maintenance and adjusting fuel flow, working with wrenches, etc.

I am tempted to post screenshots but I will add a video and images when the work progresses......right now the engine room is still pretty bare, it needs a lot of pipes and other details. But things are going very well.

My holiday break is over now and I am about to go to work, but as soon as my workday ends I will be "back in the saddle".
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote