Old 10-01-23, 03:09 PM   #1179
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDos View Post
Didn't know this. Only news i found say:

Seydlitz was a heavy cruiser of Nazi Germany's Kriegsmarine, fourth in the Admiral Hipper class, but was never completed. The ship was laid down in December 1936 and launched in January 1939, but the outbreak of World War II slowed her construction and fitting-out work was finally stopped in the summer of 1940 when she was approximately 95 percent complete. The unfinished ship remained pier-side in the shipyard until March 1942, when the Kriegsmarine decided to pursue aircraft carriers over surface combatants. Seydlitz was among the vessels chosen for conversion into auxiliary aircraft carriers.

I've also found pics of ship partially completed, with superstructures partially assembled and without superstructures during conversion.
Interesting trivia btw.

Meanwhile, works are in progres with auxiliary cruiser \ commerce raider Komet too.
Here's a trio of pics, with latest updates and fantastic textures from Flush Deck, as always a great artist!

Best regards,
Vd
Not worry This is documents NAA series. Not for people, but for researcher only. It is secret documents not for otehr except researcher. You can not read this.
Simple for understand: later in Russian, so my English not good for describe: история делится на историю для толпы (населения) и историю для элит. Историю для толпы пишут элиты, которые сами желают знать чего и как было на самом деле. Потому историки для элит имеют доступы к таким документам, к которым обычные историки для толпы доступа не имеют. И реальная история, которая для элит, очень сильно отличается от той истории для толпы, которые пишут в разных странах разные элиты для своего населения. И документы серии NAA не предназначены для толпы, хотя... они сейчас есть в продаже, и те, кому интересно, и главное, у кого есть деньги на те покупки, то они могут себе купить те документы, и прочесть их. Можешь поверить, что там ну очень много всякого разного и неизвестного широкой публике.
denis_469 is offline   Reply With Quote