Old 08-18-20, 03:19 PM   #1643
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Excellent work!

In the future, I would like to see game save compatible updates.

Thank you very much!
v1.2 should be backward compatible with v1.1, but I just don't trust a mod change mid-career, so no guarantees... but we did not change any ship or plane calls, just added a few new ones, removed others, which should do fine with an in-base change, so long as you are not out on patrol. The only part that might cause issues is the interior of the sub, with a couple of clickable links added to the tracking table... but again, I think the in-base change should work... but I can only say "maybe"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Yippee, my sonar lines have finally come of age and they've morphed in to these distinguishing colours below, I had to add a missing Alpha Channel and a bit of a touchup with some other layers in Photoshop CS6 has worked wonders.
I think I've just found my hidden geniusness, if they make a Time Machine before I kick the bucket I'll go and see Michelangelo and explain to him all about the benefits of layers and alpha channels, I could even end up learning how to fly off the top of the Sistine chapel,

pic

If anyone wants them I'll post them up somewhere on the interweb, that's if I learn how I can do that.

Edit.
You can find the 7zip file in the link below, I've no idea how long this file is active for. Aha, 7 days, grab it while you can.
By the way, I've discovered I'm a bleeding genius at everything today, it must have been that hot cocoa last night and possibly that hot blonde night nurse who gave it to me.
http://www.filedropper.com/sonarlines
We will be doing a small update for the Shinano (don't everybody go run and look at the same time, but over the port bow, she is NAKED!!!) and a couple of other items, and we can throw that in as an option in the AddInModPak folder, if it's OK by you! btw, has anyone ever mentioned the naked Shinano? very strange indeed - now, I told you guys not to all go running over that at one time!!! Now we're taking on water over the gunwale... sheesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuincyBad View Post
Hello!

Ive tried to use FOTRSU many times but whenever I get into Sh4 the game fully loads in the main loading screen and then it says a problem has caused the program to stop working, then It says I have no option but to close the program. Can someone please help me lads!

Like I always say.. YES MATEE!!!!!
Are you following the instructions? Firstly, you must have Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific with the Uboat Missions, which means the ability to start a German Career on the main menu. After that, the secondary issue is do not have the game installed in a Program Files folder, else Windows will chew you up and spit you out as undesirable. Thirdly, after you activate FotRSU, you should make a new Save folder with MultiSH4, such as FRS, or whatever you want to name it. If you don't want to mess with that, make certain that you have emptied the Save game folder, which on 90+% of the systems will be "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4", with "UserName" being what you log-in with, and "Documents" being any one of a number of different ways windows names the My Documents folder. Click on the "SH4" folder, and delete its contents. This will delete all previous progress you've made in Stock and or other mods. Lastly (for now), you have to have either LAA or the 4gig Patch or NTCore's utility applied to the SH4.exe file to switch a couple of header bits in the file that show Windows that SH4 can address and access more than the standard allotment of 2 gig (max) to any one given 32-bit app, like SH4 is. There should be a "Large Address Aware.exe" file in the root game folder after you activate the mod. You use that to navigate to, and select the SH4.exe file, and "switch" it. A pre-requisite of that is that the SH4.exe has to be write-enabled by right-clicking on it, selecting "Properties" from the context menu, and clearing the "Read-only" tick box at the bottom of that window.

If you still have issues, let us know where you have Silent Hunter 4 installed on your system, which version it is (v1.3, 4 or 5), whether its an Amazon download, Steam, disk or whatever, what you've done with your Save folder (you could copy and move it if you want to keep the data to move back after finishing with FotRSU), what your OS is, and other specs for your system, such as cpu, RAM & vid card...

PS: did you install the DirectX v9.0c and the Windows Media Codec files when installing SH4? Those library files are needed, since none of the DirctX versions from 10 on up have the correct library dll files to run SH3 or 4...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 08-18-20 at 03:21 PM. Reason: PS...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote