View Single Post
Old 09-11-12, 09:23 AM   #11
Jovianmoon
Swabbie

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

I have been lurking at PD on this forum for some time. Great contributions from all, especially in the download sector.

I might suggest this problem be put down to SH4 1.5 - the infamous U-boat Missions add-on. I suspect I'll be shouted down on that. I now have only SH4 1.4 plus TMO 1.4 (no TMO support after that) and have not had any such problems (having long since discarded the UBM add-on). I also haven't had a submerged U-boat with crew still on watch, as with UBM, but that's another gripe.

So my advice - just as a test and most probably against the protests of 1.5 UBM fans - uninstall the game, put aside the UBM add-on, and then re-install and patch up only to 1.4 (with whichever 1.4-compatible mods you prefer) and see if you still have the same problem.

Miss the U-boats? Just play SH3 GWX - that has all the U-boats you could ever want in glorious detail, and with actual German dialogue (instead of English with US accents). UBM in SH4 is redundant and a step backwards in terms of bugs and lack of immersion for the franchise, IMHO (now diving to avoid the inevitable DC attack after those remarks).

Cheers.
Jovianmoon is offline   Reply With Quote