View Single Post
Old 03-12-19, 06:47 AM   #11851
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKD View Post
Totally new to SH5 and TWOS mod, but not to Silent Hunter (forgot my ancient login here). I think I have all installed and working, but jumping into my first campaign, I'm having a few issues working out things because what I see is not matching up to what I see in TWOS videos. For example:

-The Taff in Exile series of videos using TWOS has a ship recognition book that after making an ID lets you send mast height to the TDC to make effective use of the stadimeter. This also seems to have handy features like filtering by stack position. When I bring up the ship recognition reports in my game, I get a couple of filter selections, then double page single images full of of ships at 45 deg. with names and data so small they are almost impossible to read. These pages also seem to be devoid of many ships in game. But even if I can squint enough to use these, I see no way to send the listed mast height to the TDC.

-in the recommended TheNorseCast videos listed in the quick start manual, the bridge binocular view has a proper single circle view sans bearings. When I bring up binocs (zoom with mouse wheel), I get a "fake" double circle view with embedded bearings.

Just dipped my toes out of Memel in the first patrol, but I'm already kinda stuck with the mast height issue since that is so crucial to getting ranges to set up attacks, and concerned that a few things I see in videos are not as I see them in game.
Can you post a screenshot of your recognition manual please?
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote