Old 05-17-23, 10:56 AM   #6
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Downloads: 95
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Verne View Post
@ All , thank you very much guys
(Just to clarify , I have installed the FOTRSU MOD collection on own PC so/and I am aware of the 64 Bit OS need , the 4GB requirement and the LAA modding need of the SH4.exe as well as I know of the use of the JSGME for MOD activation)(all that time spent trying to extract information from documentation and installing the FOTRSU MOD collection were not a total waste of time )

@ KaleunMarco , thank you , I am trying to help/assist someone elderly here whom wants to re-kindle/play sub-sims game tried years back but who also have had limited resources and limited PC insight. So person is on an old laptop (also even with a limited mobile internet connection) and can not be expected to be able to traverse through all the documentation to be able to even have a chance modding SH4 - it's enough of a work for me being a total noob/newbie at it and doing it all only to assist someone else.

So , since I gather that the "Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate" MOD collection is the overall best MOD (collection) for SH4 and since this other person can not be expected to manage MOD'ing by itself (and are not keen on having to make alterations all the time) then whatever I add will have to be compatible with the FOTRSU MOD collection..
Using Google I managed to find the Dark Waters MOD and downloaded it however it do not say anything about FOTRSU compatibility , but it does on the other hand say in the read me that it should be the only MOD...

Anyway , I wouldn't know even where to begin with respect to understanding MOD compatibility when Multi-MODing SH4 and especially not when it all have to be relatively simple to use for other the person (I am modding a game on my own PC only to learn enough to be able to assist the other person in the most painless way by remote management of computer) Also , since I am not that great a fan of sub-sims myself (sacrilege I know and a sin that can most certainly only be atoned for by installing a lot more subsim MODs)() then I will not be able to understand in-game problems due to incompatibility since I wouldn't know how any of it should look in the first place..

Thank you very much anyway !

@1Patriotofmany , thank you , I downloaded the IJN Jyunsen B mod v 3.9.9.9.9.3 , do we/you know if it can co-exist with the FOTRSU MOD collection ? (will be already installed)

@ Aktungbby
I kind of doubt it. It's just a little vanilla change standalone. Us it in a fresh folder along with multish4, and LAA I wouldn't try it mixed with FOTRSU or any other mods. YMMV Personally I keep an untouched folder of Vanilla SH4, and use that as a template for all the mega mods. I will make separate folders for each mod and use multish4, LAA, and JSGME in each folder.
1Patriotofmany is online   Reply With Quote