View Single Post
Old 12-11-07, 02:24 PM   #71
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato
Aloha,this seems like a great mod,but when I try to use it with CBS News I get the media file does not exist message.I select the station,press the apply changes button and get the above message.All the media files are displayed in correct order in the events window,so they ARE in there! I'm pretty confused(not an uncommon situation!) Ideas? Thanks

Slight misconception here. What shows in the window is the name of the media file that SHOULD be played at the event time. When a media file does not exist in the EXACT name that is listed in the window, the program will highlight it and redisplay the section of the events file that is in error (sometimes you have to scroll up one lor two lines to find the offending line, but you will see that it is selected for you. Then press the "Browse" button and you will be offered a list of the media files for the radio station. For the offending entry, you won't find the EXACT name of the media file anywhere in that list, but you may find the one that was originally intended to be played. If so, then select it like you would normally select a file and the program will change the data in the radio station events file to match the media file name and your error will be corrected.

When most of the radio station mods were created, there was no way to automatically check to make sure that the name of the file was correct. If a media file does not exist at the time and date that the event is supposed to occur, a CTD will occur (whether you are listening to that station or not). That is why my program checks to make sure that the exact file exists to be played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swdw
Start a career and save while in the office view- don't go out to sea yet. Then run RSM.

DT, please correct me if I'm wrong. It seems RSM needs to know what dates you're playing to get everything set up correctly. Since there are different career start dates, you have to have a career ready to go first for it to look at.
There was (and possibly still is) a problem with the date of a saved game not being correctly recorded. When the radio station would start it's events, it would go back to the date that you last left port and replay all the events between the "port" date and the current in-game date. What I did with the prepare stations button was to accomplish a workaround for that problem. Every time you see a text message in-game (i.e. all stop, torpedo in the water, etc.) the time and date is recorded in one of the save game files. My program reads through that file to the end, determines the correct date/time for a saved game (as of the last message entry) and comments out all events prior to that date/time. In that way, the events don't get replayed. To be honest with you, I don't know of the incorrect save game date/time bug still exists or not. I believe it was supposed to be fixed in the 1.4 patch. If so, then this option isn't necessary any more. If the problem still exists, you only need to run the "prepare" function when you are getting ready to load a saved game that was in mid patrol, or if you are starting a new career.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote