View Single Post
Old 03-03-23, 07:49 PM   #4673
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Well, the PL_ConteVerde is a special "BEAST" (if the shoe fits, wear it)

Anyway, look in the Sea folder for the ship, and compare the cfg file's Type= line to the Roster file's version, and you'll either find that one is Type=103 and the other is Type=109, or maybe you'll find a 2nd, slightly differently named version of either the ship or the Roster file... -OR- the cfg file is missing in the Roster... Since it is a Stock ship, it is most likely properly named in the Names.cfg file (all of those together are the "platform")... You do have to match either the Sea cfg to the Roster cfg to the calls in the Campaign, or match the calls in the Campaign to the Roster to the Sea... Stock uses Type=109 all of the way. I do not remember TMO nor RSRDC off the top of my head... didn't the RSRDC patch fix that though?? Maybe not.
the issue was the ship type. changed the Roster and Sea .CFG files to 103 and...bingo...no more error message.

i've worked this one into my mini-mod-to-correct-the-errors so if i have to re-install TMO i won't have to remember.
4:30 into the clip

thank you again, kind sir, for politely reminding me of that unexpected circumstance of TMO.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote