Thread: [TEC] Help with medals
View Single Post
Old 01-22-23, 03:51 PM   #13
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

What graphics/imaging program are you using? To check the data for the file, you would have to open it and then check the properties from there. If you need to change it, then it's part of the saving procedure. I believe that all the "dds" and "tga" files are 32-bit in format/depth, so you shouldn't have any issues there.

I'm not sure if it's a Win-7 thing, but when I right-click on a "tga" or "dds" file, the properties option only gives me generic info and nothing from the file. This is because they are 32-bit. If I do the same with a "png" or a "jpg" or another 24-bit file, I can see the size and bit depth info for them.

When modifying with GIMP (the program I use) I just make sure to NOT click on compression when it's offered for the dds files. I also agree (YES) to the option for creating mip-maps from a drop-down option. I haven't had any issues yet with this method of doing this. I'm sure there's a similar method for other imaging programs. Just the procedure for getting there may be somewhat different.

I haven't used the "tga" files yet, but I believe you DON'T want the compression option there either.

I believe if you compress the files they are then NOT 32-bit, and therefore can't be read by the sim. That was the case with flightsim files for FS9/FSX which I have considerable experience with. I don't see why this sim would be any different regarding the images/textures.

By the way, how did you get the image you posted to copy to an imaging program? I've tried Ctrl+F11 and PrintScreen, but none of them work for me. All I get is either a black box or a screen-shot of the imaging program I would be in.

Hope this helps.

ElCid97
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote