Thread: [TEC] Help with medals
View Single Post
Old 01-20-23, 02:35 PM   #7
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

On lunch break, but will post more tonight.

Check here for "the menu.txt" file: ...\Data\Menu

The "citation" you read is in the "menu.txt" file near the bottom. Here's the example I have so far for BuPers:

;Original wording:
;5890=THIS IS TO CERTIFY #NEWLINE#THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES #NEWLINE#HAS AWARDED #NEWLINE##NEWLINE#The #MEDALNAME##NEWLINE#To #TITLE# #NAME##NEWLINE#UNITED STATES NAVY#NEWLINE#Commanding officer, #SUBMARINENAME##NEWLINE#This #DATE##NEWLINE##NEWLINE#For extraordinary heroism as Commanding officer of the #SUBMARINENAME# during the #PATROLNUMBER# war patrol(s) of that vessel,#NEWLINE#the Navy Board of Decorations and Medals#NEWLINE#awards the #MEDALNAME##NEWLINE#to #TITLE# #NAME#.#NEWLINE##NEWLINE#His outstanding display of leadership, devotion to duty, and aggressiveness reflect great credit upon himself, and upheld the highest traditions of the United States Naval Service.

;BuPers Mod updates:
5890=This is to certify that #NEWLINE#the President of the United States of America, #NEWLINE#as authorized by Executive Orders and Congressional Legislation #NEWLINE#has awarded the #NEWLINE##NEWLINE##MEDALNAME# #NEWLINE##NEWLINE#To: #TITLE# #NAME# #NEWLINE#United States Navy #NEWLINE##NEWLINE#for service as Commanding Officer, #SUBMARINENAME#. #NEWLINE##TITLE# #NAME#'s actions since taking command have #NEWLINE#been an outstanding display of leadership, #NEWLINE#devotion to duty, and aggressiveness under fire. #NEWLINE#His actions reflect great credit upon himself, #NEWLINE#the #SUBMARINENAME#, and the United States Naval Service. #NEWLINE##NEWLINE#Given under my hand this #DATE# #NEWLINE#Signed Randall Jacobs, Rear Admiral, USN #NEWLINE#Chief of Bureau of Naval Personnel #NEWLINE#Washington, D.C.

; giving medal with the germans:
5891=In the name of the Fuehrer#NEWLINE#and the Commander of the Kriegsmarine#NEWLINE##NEWLINE#I award#NEWLINE#the #MEDALNAME##NEWLINE#to #TITLE# #NAME##NEWLINE##NEWLINE##DATE#

The German portion is original to the mod, so that's the one you have to change. I kept the original US for a template by commenting out the thing. You can use both as a template for yours. Just be aware of the formatting and the punctuation for the formatting and you'll be fine.

I still need to "justify" since the thing is justified to the right hand side of the screen, but it mostly displays the way it should. I say "mostly" because the last part is also out of whack. Maybe too many lines, but not sure. It's probably somewhere in the menu_1024_768.ini file. Jimimadrid knows more about those than I do.

The crew awards (US and German) are in the "CrewSystemsManagement.dds" file located in the respective folder, namely: ...\Data\Menu\Skins\American\Gui\Layout and ...\Data\Menu\Skins\German\Gui\Layout

I'll go more in depth tonight when I can.

Regards,

ElCid97
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote