View Single Post
Old 01-19-23, 06:38 PM   #5
SwissSubCommander
Asso dei Siluratori

Downloads: 330
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCid97 View Post
It depends what "medals" file you're looking for, or what "text" you're going or trying to update.

I'm guessing it's the main one in the "...\Data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData" folder labeled "Medals.upc" like the one with the US Fleet Boats. This one has references for the German stuff from what I saw. This affects the medals in general, but primarily the ones that you're going to see in the case when you're in port between patrols.

In this particular file, the "ID=" line and the "MedalType=" line MUST remain the same. These are hard-coded by the sim. What you change is the "NameDisplayable=" line to whatever it is you want. This will be the name that comes up when you get the award after a patrol. It's also the name that will pop up when you look at the case in the port office.

I've also seen a "Basic.cfg" file in the "...\Data\Cfg" folder, but I think that's for legacy stuff. Not sure.

If you want to modify the medals for either yourself or the crew (what you CURRENTLY have in the box/case or what you CAN GIVE the crew), then it's in the "save" folder in your "My Documents" (or whatever it's called these days) under the SH4 folder you have things in. It's the one you're supposed to delete after you install one of the main mods to get a fresh install for mod activation.

Depending on your install it will be a numbered folder in the "...\data\cfg\SaveGames" folder. Here you have to update the pertinent sections in the "CareerTrack.upc" file; specifically the line that speaks of the crew. For example, if you want one of each medal to hand out to the crew you would change the blank line from:

CrewMembersCurrentMedalsRepository=

to:

CrewMembersCurrentMedalsRepository=Purple Heart,Bronze Star,Silver Star,Navy Cross,Dist Service Medal,CMOH

For the pop-up text that comes up when you hover over the small, little things in the crew management page, the file is the "menu.txt" file in the "...\Data\Menu" folder. The lines you're looking for are 5150 to 5156, where 5150 is the "Medal" line and the rest are the lines for the six available medals. NOTE: you have to use a text editor that can tell you line numbers. I use Notepad++ for this.

The "Repository" line's medal name MUST stay the same as far as what you write there so that the proper medal shows up in the crew management page. In other words, it's the name folowing the "ID=" entry in the "Medals.upc" file. Again, it's unfortunately a line that's hard coded. In FotRSU, if you wanted to give out three (3) Asia-Pacific Campaign medals, you would write:

CrewMembersCurrentMedalsRepository=Bronze Star,Bronze Star,Bronze Star

... and you'd have three APCM's to hand out to the crew.

The display name for the crew medals themselves, however, are in the "menu.txt" file and can be anything you want. Why? No clue, but you can write whatever you want and it shows up when you hover over the medals in the Crew Management Page.

I've found a lot of this stuff working on the BuPers mod I've been working on. I'm about to post an update over there so you can get a general idea of where I'm at.

If you have any questions please let me know on that thread since you can use much of what I've found out through trial and error to convert the sim to Italian Fleet Ops (or Japanese, or French, etc.).

It just takes TIME and PATIENCE. And,

ElCid97
Thanks a lot.
I have managed to achieve almost everything I wanted for the new Version.
Only thing I still havent figured out is how to change the default Hydrophone installed in the sub
Is there any way to give myself medals through cheats to test the mod?

"Da mesi e mesi non faccio che pensare ai miei marinai che sono onorevolmente in fondo al mare. Penso che il mio posto è con loro."
-Carlo Fecia di Cossato
SwissSubCommander is offline   Reply With Quote