View Single Post
Old 11-12-17, 12:37 PM   #44
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
In the Submarine folder, the EQP file, which is text-based, and the SIM file, which gets opened in S3ditor. Look under the "wpn_SubTorpedoSys" nodes. It's basically the tubes on the boat, not the torps themselves. How are you doing your "fresh" installs mark bonamer? It's almost like there's a little something in your installs that shows it's face when you apply a mod. In other words, what's the source of your files, the path to the game, the version of JSGME, etc.?

I probably didn't state it very well, but I was referring to your getting the Mark 14 torps in your S boat possibly being caused by the mod change during the career. If you did empty the Save folder, and started a new career, then I say (again): "I dunno"... Very strange - though years ago, not so strange. There used to be all sorts of weird nigglies in the game. My original disk was almost unplayable from a career perspective, unless of course, you died after a couple-three patrols. Otherwise, something would bomb on you. Ubi kept throwing "updates" at the game, which sometimes broke more than they fixed...

My brain is remembering a post on here (maybe the Ubi forum??) about someone having found an issue with the torps, but I'm thinking it was pre-v1.4 release - and it may have been SH3... then again, I are old, and I've slept quite a bit since 2007, including those afternoon naps on the couch, where I don't even remember having had lunch when I awaken... - maybe some one of the old heads here can remember that far back...
ok...
EQP file has no reference to torpedos or torpedo tubes.
SIM file has no reference to torpedos, only doors animation. I exploded every + symbol and there is no reference to torpedos. if there is supposed to be a reference then that may be a problem.
fresh installs mean: Delete the savefiles from previous play. then de-install SH4, delete leftover SH4 folders, reboot, re-install from CDROM using unique folder on the C-drive and not the Program Folder that is suggested. then i replace JSGME and SHKeymapper into the new SH4 folder. i've learned my lessons.
Version of JSGME is Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157 [C:\Ubisoft\SH4\MODS]
i think that covers all of your questions.

i have seen this inappropriate torpedo assignment before but it was later in the war...and i do not remember which mod-group i was playing...and i just went with the flow.

how are new torpedos made available? i've looked in ammunition.upc and the Mk10 and Mk14 have concurrent and overlapping dates so there has to be another connection in a file between the sub and/or the tubes with the actual weapons in order to distinguish available types with the different subs. that is probably the file that is messed up and needs to be corrected.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote