View Single Post
Old 12-17-16, 11:16 AM   #26
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

You probably already know this, but you can "sort" the list by clicking on the column headings, such as "Detail" and get the list sorted together that way, which would bring "Changed" up top and all together. Click a 2nd time, and you get "Same" up top. You'll have to do a bit of scrolling to find the "Removed" sometimes, but they'll all be together...

JSGME still makes life a lot easier than it would be without it, and I think we're actually pushing it beyond were it was ever intended to go, and it still does a good job, just that there's a few things to look-out for and be aware of. I've done some "fake" mods, with text files with different naming conventions, and I cannot get it to fail. Of course, my experiments have only been with maybe 1k of data, not 3+gig... One thing I'd like to see is a copy-able list, where I can select filenames in the list, and copy them to the clipboard for use elsewhere. As an aside, here's 3 lines from a snapshot, and it looks like CRC is used to check the files against each other:

E:\Ubisoft\FotRS Ultimate\um.dll 8a984e947532dfd9bf3c2ae31e5af5a6
E:\Ubisoft\FotRS Ultimate\Utils.dll b9fd268e57834298c2e17809d0ee4997
E:\Ubisoft\FotRS Ultimate\zlib1.dll 80e41408f6d641dc1c0f5353a0cc8125

I wonder if that is what gets implicated in this?... who recognizes how big of a CRC is used here? 8-bit? 16?? It checks for flipped bits in the files for the compare. Comparing one bit in some big files is way less than comparing a human sneeze to their lifetime...

I also would also like to again thank Jaesen for his app, and the spirit with which it was made and distributed.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote