View Single Post
Old 11-27-16, 08:51 AM   #17
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Agreed. Our Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition is 3.3 GB last I checked. That is going to take a LONG time to install.

I have a separate thread in the Wolves of the Pacific forum about making multiple installations and a lockbox so you never have to reinstall SH4 again. It uses a separate JSGME.exe in each game directory, along with MultiSH4 and Large Address Aware to show how to make completely separate save game and settings folders in /documents. It's a step by step video tutorial that doesn't skip any steps. If you'd like to link to it you're welcome to.

JSGME even works in my Ubuntu Linux installation (where this post is coming from!) under WINE.

A bit of history. Mr Jones quit developing JSGME back in the nastier climate of Subsim past, where he was, as was the custom then, ripped to pieces by jealous and petty people. Many, many top modders quit during the same time period and I hope Subsim never again descends to the level of sometimes nastiness that prevailed in those days. So if anybody's wondering why RFB, TMO, GWX4, RSRDC and many other mods are no longer maintained, remember, sometimes it would momentarily make you feel better to be nasty but sometimes there is a permanent price to pay. And the whole community must pay that price. Appreciate your modders!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote