View Single Post
Old 07-19-22, 05:50 AM   #167
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
- I'm still stuck on texture problems - I wanted ships to change textures and maybe even use navigation lights reflecting their status (neutral/belligerent) during the war, but way SH5 handles textures leads to constant problems with ships "borrowing" wrong texture from another vessel using the same model.
Probably we already discussed that, but why don't you create illuminated windows/portholes as separate equipment? Indeed by adopting this method you should give up illumination effects on decks, superstructure, funnels etc. Moreover each vessel would need its own set of lights (you could keep each light separate so to use the same generic elements on more than one ship, but their placement would be a PITA). In any case, for small ships as your coasters, I think the above limits would be an acceptable price for bypassing the LOD texture problem.

Another possible compromise might be giving up LOD models. That would be a waste of computer resources but after all we already imported in game many dat units which have no support for LODs, and the game handles them decently.

Quote:
There's also an unresolved bug that prevents minesweepers from using varying camouflages.
Really? What is special about minesweeper's texture assignment?

Quote:
I hope to fix all the above and relase new ships sometime in August (provided real life doesn't throw a new wrench into my plans).
gap is offline   Reply With Quote