View Single Post
Old 08-23-21, 11:12 PM   #2418
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Well, I decided to include the "big one" - lol. You too can own the Cadillac of U-Boots. Kind of a "how the sausage is made" update. If you have a weak stomach, don't look.

Keep in mind that I'm still an amateur at this; pretty much modeling in spare time between a demanding job....

Examining the stock SH4 Type IX for reference purposes.

Gradual completion of the hull. First effort at TT's was a disaster; no excuse for it since I did well with modeling TT's for the U-31 class model. Now I've improved them.

(incorrectly Id'd as U-155 - clearly not)

Hull form at bow and stern still VERY MUCH incomplete. Will probably cut away & replace any bad surfaces at the tip of the bow/stern ....

Drainage holes/freeing ports are my next project when I finish with work tomorrow. I will use the hole arrangement for Unterseeboot 139 because I have the most references for it (and in my opinion she was the best looking of this class).

I find that even professional drawings and models show a lot of variation in how this class looked - just goes to show what it's like modeling WWI boats as opposed to popular, well-documented boats like the Gato Class or Type VII's.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote