Old 08-18-21, 09:32 PM   #2416
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
The bad news is I'm not working on the Merchant Fleet Mod anymore. The recent update (which corrected some of the damage model errors) is the last one. Those ships are more than 10 years old, and only slightly higher poly than standard SH3 ships IIRC.

The good news is I will be replacing it! That's my long term goal after Wolves of the Kaiser- high quality merchant ship models for the Silent Hunter series. I intend for them to take advantage of many new improvements/lessons I have learned ... new structural features, new crew/passengers, new particle effects, and various other surprises.

The aim is to have a library of plausible ship types dating from circa 1900 - 1945. I have a small library of books on WWI and WWII merchant ships, so I'm well equipped. They will be released for Silent Hunter 3/4/5 as a mod, but the .obj files and skins will be available for free to anyone who is producing a WWII submarine sim. By freeing up resources for developers to concentrate on other items, I hope to improve the quality of submarine sims as a whole.

Very nice... & understandable, as you pointed out the original MFM, is a bit older.

With the wealth of info you have... does that include... shadow_whx's identification listing, as well.? Know that they were looking to compile a list of ships that needed correcting or being booted as to not being right.. as I understood that work to be. Just wondering...

M. M.