View Single Post
Old 10-12-11, 11:53 AM   #69
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
I think no need to write about known things here.
... better to write personal messages...
Your "fantasy" look pretty funny...
Here we have to publish ready-made solutions - templates... i think.

@privateer... you are right... but name must be more shortly.
@ TDW... you ignore a lot of important information..?
Guys, you're marking time...
What fantasy? You call it fantasy to try and understand something. Please Anvart not even you know the GR2 format. I'm showing what I'm doing in trying to understand the GR2 format. Maybe others will benefit from it.

What known things are you talking about? You don't want to share information with everyone? The sharing of any information regarding the GR2 format will only benefit everyone.

And what important information am I ignoring?

Found a little interesting discovery:

The first pointer in a GR2 file points to the first string in the embedded strings (which is usually 3D Studio MAX in SH5 GR2 files). I never found out how it reads the additional strings after that up to 'General'. But I think I found out how: the second pointer is an unknown of 0x6 and has an offsetinsectiondata of 0xA0. 0xA0 is 160 decimal. 160 decimal / 8 bytes = 20 and 20 is the exact amount of additional strings that need to be read in. Coincidence? Maybe but don't think so. Works on all SH5 GR2 files I've tried so far.

With that piece solved I can now dynamically write out the strings in the GR2 file (allowing user to change the strings read in).
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote