Thread: Subsims, eh?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-14, 07:26 PM   #10
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

Ahhhhhhhhhh that is so good to see we have a realism fanatic on the job.

The 10 to 15 minutes to blow the ballast fully on surface is something I simulate right now using TDW's decks awash patch.I only press surface boat if I need to catch an enemy ship and instead I usually surface only to decks awash for 10 minutes and then press surface.But with the instant refill of compressed air and the lack of realistic compressed air usage simulation its all in my head for now,but I like the realism stuff like this and the more its forced the better.

Stuff like realistic turn rates is another one.I modded in a realistic turn rate to the IX sub and found to get out of certain docks was a real chore and wished I had ability to run only one diesel for higher turning ratio.

Finally the crash dives and running decks awash.Right now in SH5 its 13 seconds to crash dive and around 7 seconds when decks awash which is way wrong and kind negates running decks awash.Now if a crash dive took the normal 40 something seconds then decks awash is a big plus for survivability of the sub in air dense areas.

I will watch your developments.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote