View Single Post
Old 02-17-13, 09:54 AM   #55
Schakal_U109
Swabbie

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0
Hi Guys,

the idea of creating a own subsim sounds great. But it is not as easy as it sounds in the begining, and some of you already told about the risks and problems. But which options do we have!? :

1st - We took a game like SH2/DC or SH3 and make a list of what we have to change to make a good sim (graphics, realism, gameplay etc....) >>> then look what we need for this >>> how much money is needed for this >>> wo can realise it (community + a professional studio) >>> try to find someone
Biggest problem for this: The gamerights belong to Ubisoft. We can try to give them a concept or to get the permission of them to recreate their game...

2nd - Search a game which is already modder-friendly and has the possability to create a naval game (Virtual Sailor !? don't know such games very good). The do the same like on top, create a list of what we want and what is needed for realising this >>> Coast budget > award a contract

3rd - Creat an completly new game from stock. But if that should be a sucess we need the help of some professionals who can realise this. If we have a basic game, the modding community can build it up like we want it.

4th - Look how other games are made: At first there is someone with an "Idea". Then someone makes a script of it. And then he goes with his ideas and scripts to the gamestudios and perhaps someone will make it.
So, why can't we do this!? We can create a completley new script of a Subsim. New ideas an concepts like we want it. Then we have to write it into a form that some studios can have a look at it. There are two options:
We collect the needed money from our community and give the contract to a gamestudio OR the concept is so great that a gamestudio itself will make the game. Or perhaps a bit of both!?

Why not try it!?
Sorry for my english, hope you can understand what i want to say with that. But if we talk about such a project, we need to know what are our possabilities and how we can realise them. What Ideas do you have? Don't you think, our BIG community can do such a project!? I think, YES WE CAN