Old 07-20-12, 07:39 AM   #53
Gezoes
XO

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOtto View Post
Thanks for caring... :P

As I said above, I've been clean for a couple of months. But I tell you, among the people who were top-ish in that game, I wasn't one of the big spenders at all. Their target is guys on their 30s, with some good job of work, who spend between 500-1200 eur a year on the game. You can buy the so-called "gold ammo" which gives you a totally unfair advantage since it's able to penetrate most tanks' armor even if your vehicle is inferior.

My problem there was that I'm a stat whore (can I say this uncle Steve? pretty please?) and the only way to improve your stats is play well and PAY.

And now, you've made me post again in this thread where I promised uncle Neal I wouldn't post again!
Sorry 'bout that. Don't worry, I called Neal 'Neil' recently, which undoubtedly delayed his review. So I will be keelhauled a wee bit sooner than you

I guess I'm an oldfashioned guy with a rabid sense of people trying to get me to buy things. I spent about 31 euro's on a Type and 10 euro's for some gold change. Games used to cost about 40 euro's, today 60 at least, so that would be the absolute limit. I've played WoT since the closed beta.

My stats are good, and I have a garage ranging from 2 - tier 9. The one thing compensates the other. I never use gold ammo. Also, I have a few vehicles where I win about 65% of my games. I have won 54% overall, which doesn't make me among the best, far from it. But maintaining 54% in random games, with some medals that will raise an eyebrow or two, is pretty good.

I often get invites, but I always decline. I hate clans. Always something. Given, a new tank takes a lot longer with me, but in the meantime I gather free XP which goes towards the best gun on purchase of the tank.

You don't need gold at all. But you're right, above the 60% overall people tend to throw one bucket after the other into the game, and expect others to do the same. Sorry to hear you got dragged into that, but hey, you came out of it