View Single Post
Old 10-09-21, 08:06 AM   #155
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav87th View Post
Hi Bubblehead - what an immense and beautiful work you have done.

Thanks again

One question though. Have you implemented OTC in the overhaul?

Best regards
Mav87th

Thank you, glad you are enjoying it. There is more to come.

I have not implemented OTC into the mod and while am open at some point as an optional mod, I have no plans to fully incorporate it into the mod. If someone would like to make OTC compatible with the TMO Update, that is fine with me.

However, I would encourage to try the mod without first as I incorporated my Real Scopes mod into the sim. These mods were designed to enhance manual targeting and work within the sim to overcome the shortcomings of the stadimeter and mast height issues. I adjusted some mast heights in the .cfg files of the various ships and enhanced the zoom level to a more reasonable level (scopes were underpowered previously, especially the observation scope). There is a clear difference between the way the attack scope and observation scopes look based on current light outside...observation had a larger head and was better for viewing.

I play without map contacts probably 60-70 percent of the time and my current career in Salmon class have went without SJ radar(just got it in port will have for next patrol) and when torpedoes actually work lol, i have had great accuracy sinking 1-2 ships patrol, few misses due to plotting errors, all torpedo malfunctions. I included in the download the early war scopes mod to be used on Salmon, Sargo, Porpoise, and S Class boats, as well as late war scopes for 1945 (green reticles an night scope as some US boats did get them in 45 along with ST radar, which is being worked on for future release, but is already included on the Tench Class.

In later war with boats like the Gato, you have the 3D TDC and radar ranging unit which is a HUGE advantage. If one is not aware of how to use it, definitely look the mod up and learn, it is not complicated really and it is a game changer. As said, would encourage to try as it is.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote