View Single Post
Old 04-26-07, 09:00 PM   #1
A-cool-a
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default New guy, questions about SCXII(c)

Hey, I'm new to these boards (duh), and am trying to get SCXIIc working. I noticed the game crashing whenever the game needs to render a US submarine, did a simple search here and found I need to install SCXII before SCXIIc. So just a couple Qs here about that;

Do I need to reinstall SC completely before installing SCXII, or can I overwrite the SCXIIc installation? This isn't a big deal, but it's something I need to be aware of. I used the SCX/SCU Simple Installer from SubGuru which is described as having both the SCXII and SCXIIc packages, and that I could ignore the BATs, but something tells me this isn't the case and that it only had the ESM fix and the stuff for SCU and SCXIIc, not SCXII...

I backed up my original SC files in another folder under a different name on the same hard drive as the modified SC, but for some reason after SCXIIc was installed, my backed-up folder was erased! Is this normal? I wanted to revert back to stock SC easily that way so that I could do everything right the second time but now I think I'll have to reinstall everything.

Last question, where can I find a stand-alone installer for just SCXII, if there is one? I'm no newbie to SC itself but to SCXII-related stuff, I'm about lost on.

EDIT: An un-related question, as well, is it possible to use the Strela portable SAM system in the Akulas? In a custom mission that I made, I noticed that a Seahawk attacked an enemy Akula II, and right after it dropped a MK50 torpedo in the water, the Akula surfaced and launched an SA-N-5 Grail SAM, and shot down the Seahawk, a rare and spectacular moment as one could imagine. This was before I even attempted modifying the game itself. I have a screenshot of the Grail right after it was launched if anyone wants to see it (I was showing Truth to see what was happening, as I wanted to see everything unfold the way I wanted when I made the mission, but didn't quite expect the Akula to shoot down one of the choppers).

So yeah, I need enlightenment here, thanks in advance for any that is given.

Last edited by A-cool-a; 04-27-07 at 02:02 AM.
A-cool-a is offline   Reply With Quote