View Single Post
Old 05-11-22, 10:36 PM   #6
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I had forgotten about the rank epaulette images. I don't think the Lieutenant rank has those... hmmm...

This text editing is all in Ranks.upc, btw. It looks like though, that the <LTCDR> text just tells the game to make red, bolded text, so substituting <LT> should work fine there. As mentioned above, I would attempt to change the
XPRequirement= 8150
LevelUp= Base
to something like
XPRequirement= 15000
LevelUp= Restricted
which should then make it a player rank. If the game chokes on that, then delete the full admiral "[Rank 18]" listing, and renumber the others below. I don't see any obvious reason that wouldn't work... though it is SH4...

You'll probably also have to make "AvailableSpecialAbilities= NULL", and should probably set "GetSpecialAbilityChance= 0" to match the other player ranks, unless the mod you are in has those for a player rank. Then just add that "Rank <b>LT</b>" text to the end of the last two lines. Surely it will work without having to delete anything...
deleted the last Admiral rank, renumbered the ranks that followed it, added the <b>LT</b> to each line in the LT section of Ranks.cfg.

made no difference. still didn't get promoted after a successful mission (3 pts and an award).

i don't think anything but a re-design will work.

i'll bet if i change my rank to LtCDR and have a successful next mission, i'll be promoted to CDR.

any takers?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote