View Single Post
Old 06-25-07, 11:19 PM   #6
nematode
Seaman

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

>also think Yubari might be better as the DD Akizuki, the minelayer has far less weaponry, though the down side it as a DD, it will hunt you.

Hehe yeah, the DD ai could make things wierd for a Yubari. For example 1st Wake invasion, Yubari was flagship of the force that was slapped around by the US Marine shore batteries. I wouldn't want the flagship to be peeling off to hunt a sub at that moment But seriously there isn't any obvious, great fit for Yubari in the SH4 ship pool, any choice is gonna have to be a compromise.

I went with Okinoshima as a fit for Yubari on tonnage, AI role, general appearance, everything except top speed, and guns, and its lack of guns is a bug. At some point in the SH4 patch sequence, Okinoshima's guns dissapeared. I assume its simply a matter of putting stuff back into its config files.

>Also, Shimakaze has to be Akizuki, not Fubuki she was over 3000 tons!

When I was thinking thru the substitution for Shimakaze, I was focusing on its 39knot speed, so that's how I came by Fubuki and its 38kts as a substitute. Tonnage wise, agreed, Akizuki is a better fit.

>DD(E) Matsu =DDMutsuki ? Hard to do this guy.

Yeah, I don't have the slightest idea on a good substitute for Matsu. There really isn't one in the pool. I think I'm holding out hope that someday someone will model one.

>On the Armed Merchant Cruisers below, couldn't we use the German Aux Cruiser
>(NAMC in the Sea folder)? All we need do is add it to the roster.

That's a good idea. That would produce a working AMC pending availability of a kitbashed KLCSNagara with guns (which was what Kongo Maru, Kiyosumi Maru, Akagi Maru, Awata Maru, Kinryu Maru and Noshiro Maru basically were) or an 11k ton Aikoku Maru class vessel, attractive armed to the teeth converted passenger cargo liners, which I doubt we will ever see in SH4 but I remember them fondly from SH1.

NAMC would also be a good candidate for a kitbash to make another maru, for example aux sub tenders Rio de Janerio Maru or Heian Maru, also the Hikawa Maru which somehow amazingly survived and is a tourist attraction in Yokohama.
nematode is offline   Reply With Quote