View Single Post
Old 11-12-21, 02:25 PM   #8
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Agreed. I have settled on it is most likely a the effect of travs flotation settings (which I like) likely combined ballast damage not listed in damage control systems screen. The models do have ballast tanks and all, are part of zones so assume can be damaged. The order for a large change from periscope depth to 250 ft was first time had made such a maneuver since the previous dc attack, had only made trim dives since.

I don't mind the broaching, or possibility of it happening, adds to the realism and challenge of the sim, was just unexpected.
Yea, I loved that part of his mod, tho I don't think I ever broached by setting depth deeper...if that's what you're saying. I remember once, probably like Wahoo, except later war I surfaced but sank back down due to flooding, but finally got surfaced, but with flooding I was riding way low and could only make about 10 knts full speed. I would not dare dive, did survive a few air attacks and got back to port in the Philippines ...99% damage. I can recall only doing that twice that I played.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote