View Single Post
Old 11-30-22, 04:32 PM   #5174
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I'll try some more experiments with moving the deck gun around, and see if that interferes with the other equipment also... It seems that moving the gun puts something in the Save folder that then comes back and bites later when doing other changes - but not always...
i noticed something else that is weird/different now that i am in an upgraded Gar.

with the original Gar and the original conning tower, sometime late in 1942 or early in 1943, the APR/Radar Detector becomes available. and of course, it is "on" all of the time. went out on two/three/four missions and do not notice any difference. never detected being detected.

started a new Gar career in January 1944 and copied my old, original Gar crew. no equipment, just the crew.

the new, 1944 Gar has the "elite" conning tower, two single 40mm flak guns, which will neither load nor move, and the 5 inch deck gun, plus upgraded radar and the APR radar detector.

went out on patrol and only now do i begin to see a green line when i detect that i am detected. didn't get that the first two-three-four patrols when we had the APR in the old Gar but NOT the new conning tower.

i thought this was interesting enough to mention it in a separate post.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote