View Single Post
Old 11-28-22, 08:32 PM   #5162
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

You're after August of 1943 then? and the gun will not function? Is there a problem in your Save file? Look in the same ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc for the AA gun position and make sure it is fully populated. You need the gun slot and the gun, two separate sections, along with the crewmen.

As for the cfg files, those do nothing for the game itself, and only come into play in The Museum. Only certain guns and equipment are recognized there, so you will not see the double-barreled guns there, but the dates should be similar to having a single-barrel through the time of the double-barrel. The conns listed like that are a hold-over from the earliest versions of FotRSU.

As for the Re-Fit chances, as I mentioned earlier, I have gone so far as to Save coming back into port, and using that same Save to re-enter port time after time after time, and very seldom, get an upgrade on the conn. I do get downgrades on medals. I have declined new boats, and then come back in, and get offered a new boat again... but I was never offered a conning tower upgrade, except after going back out on another patrol and then coming back in... in theory, if there is no new boat available, you should be offered a conning tower. But depending upon your current boat and the date, there is usually a good chance a new boat is indeed available, and you will then (apparently) never be offered a conning tower... but who knows for certain? I don't think even the Ubi fellows know.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote