View Single Post
Old 07-10-22, 08:31 PM   #18
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
"Unwarranted negativity"? More like the reality of the country. We are not free, we have the illusion of freedom, not actual freedom.

That's your opinion just like my opinion is that it's unwarranted and negative. (insert shrug shoulders smiley)

Quote:
Not blind to the few good things about this country, but we are in terrible shape and have been for some time. Things could be much better but we have rigged system designed to prevent substantial social change, to maintain a order that increasingly does not work for most people. Some people, especially older ones choose to ignore this and live in the false mindset instilled via propaganda during their formative years, the Cold War era.
So instead of trying to change it for the better you are giving up and moving on, like your country was a crappy hotel whose level of services do not meet your high standards. Well if that's all your country means to you then I for one don't want to even try to convince you to stay.

Quote:
I am always reminded of the great George Carlin's quote "It is called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it."
Yet George Carlin is a self made American millionaire who is a shining example of the American dream in action. And you know that for all his complaining about life in these good old United States he never considered leaving for some imaginary foreign utopia.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote