View Single Post
Old 04-07-22, 06:26 PM   #6
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I think the issue is windows 7 due to no longer suported by microsoft does any of your laptops have window 10
You could try cleaning your registry with cc cleanner as well as deleting anything SH3 even mods ect and your SH3 Career Folder so there no fragments of SH3 on your System.
Then why does it run perfectly on the laptop that has the same, fully updated Windows 7 on it? And why did this game run fine on this computer maybe a year ago, long after I had fully updated it fully? And why does it no longer work on the Windows XP desktop?

The DVD version I'm using is one of the original releases. By all rights, this thing SHOULD be working. If it works on one system, then it should work on another system that has the exact same OS with the exact same service packs installed.

There's no mod packs or careers to remove either. Those got uninstalled when I initially uninstalled the thing.

You know. I seem to remember having this problem with the game back in the early 2000's. I have a vague memory of uninstalling it, and then going back to re-install it, and it not being able to run. I have this strange feeling that it's the same issue. The thing had bugs right off the DVD where the installer didn't like you installing the program into the default folder that it proposed on install. So I'm really convinced that this will work somehow, but that I'm dealing with a bug of some type. If it works on that laptop, with the same Windows 7 fully updated OS, it SHOULD be working on this desktop.

Question: I'm getting a new Windows 10 computer soon. Does SH3 run on Windows 10 at all? Or am I out of luck unless I can get the thing running on an old PC?

Last edited by Blacklight; 04-07-22 at 09:00 PM.
Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote