Old 09-28-10, 05:20 AM   #16
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Uploads: 0
Default Not a computer game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_tyrant View Post
A game engine with no random factors simply won't work because today's computers aren't good enough
in 20 years maybe, when a computer can simulate every action and response on the whole earth, than randomness is no longer needed
The game is human vs human and is not a computer video or computer moderated game.

As to the earlier question of how an inferior force could win against a superior one, in my game, they just need one advantage more than the opponent.

The game brings in the randomness of human nature too. Put 14-20 people together on any project and you have a variety of knowledge and experience. Some will have read and understood the rules, some will skim, others will not fully grasp what they read.

Leaders can make doubtful plans, Operational commanders can be too cautious or too ambitious with their forces. Tactical officers can miss advantages they may use, again through human error.

Hitler didn't attack Britain but did attack Russia. Human decision making that resulted in a series of further blunders. No dice were used.

My apologies to those who like randomness but die rolling always seemed to take away the need for careful, thoughtful planning. It's like having a well thought out budget and then blowing it all at the craps table.