View Single Post
Old 09-08-17, 06:51 PM   #15
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Webster, for Windows 7-64, I've got IE11, Firefox (whatever the latest version) and Opera all on the same computers, and all for the same reason. Some sites want and need IE 11 and only IE 11. Others are OK with Firefox, but I use mostly Opera because it is "lighter" in its load size, and faster. However, like all the others, certain web site "techniques" will cause it problems, just like all the others. It used to be that a site might have a logo on the home page that would say "Optimized to work with IE6" or "Opitmized for Firefox" or whatever, but now it's up to the user to figure it out, I guess. If a particular page gives me trouble, I try one of the other browsers. I keep IE 11 as my "default" browser, which is what opens when certain programs (Photoshop LE) open their "Help" page, but it can be a bit inconvenient to always having to answer "Not now" or whatever it is, to the pop-up "This is not your default browser. Do you want to change that?", every time I open one of the other browsers first. My XP boots are no longer allowed on the internet, and I'll pull the wire whenever going into XP, but I had a similar set-up on them. I have two school-age sons, both on Windows 10-64 laptops, and one uses Firefox almost exclusively, the other uses Opera, but they both still have IE whatever the last number was, and that Edge, which is nothing more than IE whatever, with the guts cut out, so that it resembles an Opera install... But they also have to swap browsers also whenever they encounter page issues. I'd say that the http "standard" isn't quite so...
wow, so even if I upgraded to win 10 "against my will" just to get edge in hopes it will give me trouble free browsing, I will still have all this website not working BS?????? what the hell?

I find it simply amazing that with todays tech this is an issue that a browser cant function on any and all websites that you go to.

I just want "1" browser that works trouble free on any website I go to and secondary is it would be nice if it was secure, lastly would be my concerns about the amount of spyware and selling my online activity.

is chrome also going to not work on some websites? as much as I hate google and loath the idea of using it, if it runs trouble free, then I guess I will just have to learn to live with it and its invasiveness.

at the end of the day im just going to be practical and what ever works and does it all "without issues" that's what I will use, even if its not what I "want to use"

Last edited by Webster; 09-08-17 at 07:03 PM.